Phil established TrendCalc Dynamics to address the financial, retirement, and investment strategy needs of individual investors as well as group retirement plans. With over 30 years in the financial advice industry, Phil has a wealth of experience and market professional savvy. His primary roles at TrendCalc Dynamics are:
- Manage the TrendCalc Dynamics investment strategies and portfolios
- Oversee the retirement plan relationships with university HR departments and employees
- Regularly meet with clients to discuss and review their individual financial, investment, and retirement plans and accounts
- Speaking engagements throughout the year on a variety of topics such as retirement planning and investing, achieving financial independence, successful portfolio management and investment strategies, working with a market professional as opposed to a marketing professional, understanding various economic environments and capital market conditions, successfully navigating your way through investing turbulence and many, many more.
Phil has three primary dynamics in how he helps others financial wellbeing:
- Financial Planning – Maintain client focus on achieving financial independence as their primary goal in addition to the more specific personal goals.
- Investment Strategy and Portfolio Management – Advise clients with a skilled, market professional, buy-hold-sell investment decision-making process across a variety of economic environments and capital markets conditions.
- Education – Teach people in group settings and through individual meetings so they understand how investment strategy and markets work. In times of stress, they are then prepared, confident, and comfortable about their portfolios and retirement, to minimize the tendency to act in a manner that is emotional, unproductive and possibly very foolish.
Phil worked on Wall Street with E.F. Hutton and taught financial and investment adult education classes at Ohio State and other universities for 15 years. Phil has been a resident of greater Columbus for most of the last 35 years. He and his wife, Dana, have been married for15 years and have a wonderful daughter, Riley. He is active in his faith and has participated in numerous international missions over the years.
Note from Phil: “As a Certified Financial Planner, a lifetime student of investing and an advisor with 30 years of experience, I’ve seen and learned a lot. I’ve watched a variety of people achieve significant long-term success and am happy to have been a part of that. I have seen others who have had impressive short-term victories only to give it all back for a variety of reasons. I know what works and what doesn’t. I have the experience and understanding to build financial and investment plans and portfolios designed to help you whether your plans and purposes are short-, intermediate- or long-term in nature. This type of knowledge and skill can only be acquired through experience; it is not something that can be learned in a class room, or read a book or a blogpost. You have to know how capital markets work and have the experience to make competent, objective decisions during periods of high stress, as well as calm capital markets. I am happy to share my knowledge and skill to help you be a better investor, a better person and hopefully add great value to the achievement of your financial and investment plans and dreams of a lifetime. Let’s have coffee and talk.”